Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Self-Portrait



A different kind of self portrait.  I downloaded Ellie Goulding's, "Lights" to my iPod several weeks ago and loved her album cover for that single.  It has played in the back of my mind as a really cool photo.  Then this morning I log onto facebook and saw a friend had done a unique take on a self-portrait of himself and I decided it was time to update mind.  This photo really shows how I feel at the moment.  "Just Breathe".  I repeat this mantra more often than I would like to but right now my family is gearing up for a big chapter in our lives.  My son Brayden has PFFD and will be undergoing his first round of limb-lengthening in just a couple of months and at times it has felt the weight of what is to come resting on our shoulders can be heavy.  I look at this photo and it accurately depicts so many emotions right now and while I would have done a few things differently if I didn't edit it in just 5 minutes, I really appreciate the emotional climate it portrays.

No comments:

Post a Comment