Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Story Behind the Look | Ocean City Fashion Photographer, Dana Marie Photography



As an artist, sometimes we see things in our head that we really want to get out whether it be through our lens or with a paintbrush.  I saw this dress while perusing a local clothing website and I thought, I have to have this dress.  I never dress like this, in fact, my style might be a little on the tomboyish side.  Comfort is my thing!  I have three kids at home and I am lucky to get myself half decent looking on a normal morning but this dress screamed a concept shoot and I wanted to star in it.  I saw boots and a cowboy hat with this look.  Something to harden the feminine simplicity of it.  I saw myself with long flowing locks and a dark scene.  You see, this winter has taken a toll on our family, for those that do not follow my son's blog he has recently undergone limb-lengthening and the amount of time spent on physical therapy and appointments, traveling to and from has left me with little time to make healthy meals and even less time to spend on me.  Stress has made it's mark on my body and in my heart.  Feeling in a funk I wanted this shoot for myself, I wanted to feel good again.  Knowing all of this and how extremely difficult it is to photograph yourself and in focus, I set myself up for the challenge and went for it.  I borrowed the hat and boots on short notice and I plastered my nails in drug store glue-ons, of which I am still paying the price for but it was worth it.  The end result on the screen and in my heart has helped me catch my creative spark again.  I will be adding photos to this entry as I finish them, with a rack of client work to finish up this is all I could muster to get through for now but this is what I envisioned and exactly how I feel on the inside even when my outside screams I need a stylist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment