Wednesday, August 27, 2014

GoRuck Custom Challenge - Ocean City, MD - Zombie Apolcalypse - August 23, 2014 | Photos


So this past weekend was the custom GoRuck challenge in Ocean City, MD.  I watched the challenge come to fruition from the idea on to the patch ceremony, it was an amazing experience to be apart of. First off, if you don't know what GoRuck is, start with www.goruck.com.  GoRuck is a series of team building and leadership challenges that also gives you a glimpse into special forces training.  The events raise money for the Green Berets or in our case, a private fundraiser for the Save-a-Limb Fund.  I didn't know what to expect going in, I had heard it would be a long night as the challenge would last about 12 hours and go from midnight into midday.  The event started with my shooting in pitch black dark and ended with pretty bright high sun light to combat.  My biggest concern going in was the sleep deprivation but once the sun came up, my body went on like I hadn't missed anything.  I loved every minute of the challenge.  Watching the participants come together and succeed defeating all of their time hacks was thrilling and I cheered on the inside with each victory.  As a shadow my task was to document the challenge through photography and do what the cadres needed, I was hooked beyond belief with this challenge and I am excited to document more in the future and possibly, just maybe try it myself one day...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment