Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Older Newborn 5 weeks old Baby | Ocean Pines, MD | Dana Marie Photography








Sometimes babies can't get in to see me right away.  This couple lived several hours away and traveled up to visit family and have newborn photos taken when their daughter was approaching the six week mark.  I often get asked what age I will take newborns up to, my first answer is any age but for the squishy newborn pose portraits it really depends on the baby.  Babies tend to startle easier past the three week mark, they lose some of their flexibility as a newborn and in some cases have more tummy troubles than under three weeks which causes them to be uncomfortable when they aren't being held.  I will accept babies of any age but parents must be realistic of their expectations of the session and I must say, the "older" newborns give me some of the most beautiful smiles and expressions I wouldn't be able to capture at just two weeks old so there are pros and cons to every age of newborn photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment