Saturday, September 1, 2012

Loving Newborn and Maternity | Professional Pregnancy & Baby Photographer MD









These are just a few of the reasons I love doing maternity and newborn photos.  The expectant mother's excitement and the purity of a new baby.  I love taking clean images a little on the darker side.  I have spent this past year finding my niche, what I like, (what I don't) and what my style is and I have found maternity and newborn to definitely be my favorite.

Newborn photography is not for the camera enthusiast.  What I have learned is it takes a lot of patience, knowledge, education, skill, proper equipment, photoshop knowledge and most of all maternal instinct.

I have been a legitimate business for over a year now.  While I don't regret starting, I think if I had known how much work, time and money would be involved with starting out, I might have waited another year or two to start.  No one really understands the amount of work, research, investment and sacrifice goes into being a custom photographer until they actually go into business and try it.  I have read that the majority of photography business do not make it to their 5th anniversary, I would like to be in this for the long haul.  While it is a lot of work, and sometimes more than I can handle, I thoroughly enjoy getting to take part in intimate moments of people's lives, taking photos to stand a moment still.  As an avid scrapbooker for 10 years now, I can appreciate the importance of photographs and what they mean to a family.  They become part of a family's history, their heritage.  I am blessed to be given the gift I have to take the photos that I do.  It takes much more than a great camera to take a nice photograph :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment